Friday, October 15, 2010

Life really does go on!

I guess the world isn't going to stand still just for me. It's funny.  Usually people find inspiration in these brilliant quotes.  My new quote to live by, 'Today I am happier than a bird with a french fry!'  We make choices, and those choices determine if you are happy or sad.  Every day gets better and better.  I don't quite have total control over the anxiety thing, but I am working on it.  Last weekend I didn't comb my hair, I didn't shower, I didn't even get out of bed.  Not anymore.  I finally found a counselor that I like, I actually look forward to talking to him.  I have discovered the robbery was just the icing on the cake.  My 'emotional bucket' was full, the robbery just knocked it over.  I will NOT live in this state anymore.  I want to find joy in the simple things, like a french fry!

Three weeks later, here I am.  I do feel better.  I am taking all actions that my Dr. recommends (even though I don't totally agree but that's a whole story in itself), I am staying active and exercising again, I faithfully keep a journal of my thoughts and feelings (which I have never done) and I am trying harder to live in the present, just worrying about this day, this minute.  Photography is picking up and I am always so flattered at how many repeat clients I get as well as new ones.  I am actually grateful that I have been forced to be grateful for what I have and not waste any more time feeling sorry for what I don't. I know how quickly life flies by and with or without me, it's going!  I want the time that I spend with my kids to really matter to them.  I want to cherish what time I have left with them.  I have two really great kids and that is what keeps me going everyday! 

I don't know what God has intended for me in this life, but I'm listening, I am standing at attention and ready to make better choices for the rest of my life on earth.  I don't know where Marty and I will be next week let alone in ten years, I am just trying to be patient and see where life takes us.  I think with age and circumstances, I have learned that healing takes time, so I am just taking it slow.

I am so grateful for my family and all of my awesome friends.  I couldn't do it without each and every one of you.  I am in awe of how many special people are in my life.   I am climbing out of my dark hole, and I am doing it for me, and for Baylie and Cam.  Again, thanks for all the love and support, you will never know how much it has helped me.  I guess right now I should go shower and wash my nappy hair :)!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you! I'm glad that things are getting better for you. I'm also happy that you forced yourself to make a change. It's hard!

The Moffatt Family said...

You are doing everything exactly right. Take one step at a time... line upon line, precept upon precept and you will not only make it back - it will be better for you. I know we some times look forward and wonder what Heavenly Father has in store for us... but He does have a plan and that seems to make each day easier. I really do think about you every day. I really admire your courage and strength. Those things have been hard for me sometimes to muster... Keep pushing forward and never give up! <3 Andrea Moffatt

Ricki said...

Good job! I am so glad you found somebody that is actually helping you through this! You deserve to be able to figure all of this out, and make sense of the things that give you anxiety in your life. You are amazing and courageous for realizing that you can come out of this. Your strength amazes me, and I am so glad you are my friend! I just wish I got to see you a little more! ;0)Love ya!

Tiffanee said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you Jaime! I'm happy you are starting to feel better.