Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Baylie's New Room

Baylie has been wanting to redecorate her new room for awhile.  I talked my friend Tiff into taking on this frugal little project with me.  I made a couple trips to DI, bought some cans of spray paint, some fabric and other odds and ends and for less than $100 a happy daughter, and I was pretty pleased with the results myself!

The plates here are from Tai Pan with a candle holder in between to hold some of her jewelry.


All the frames were from DI and painted grey, black and a light pink
The best part of this project is the story behind this silly chair.  It looked like someone peed on it and possibly spilled their drinks a few hundred times.  Nothing a little paint and new fabric can't cure! The pillow came with her bedding and while we were cleaning we found a jewelry box with my Great Grandmother's costume jewelry in it so we fastened some of the blingy broaches to the pillows and hung some of the vintage necklaces from the window treatment.


The suitcase is also a funny tale.  We can't get it open, better that way is what I say!  I don't need to know what might be in there.  I was originally brown but we spray painted it pink and Tiff added the tags that Bay had saved from jeans and what not to the handle.  The chandelier was from Tai Pan.


Seriously this picture doesn't do the chair justice of the before, it was filthy!

0 comments: