Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Our Trip to Michigan

We took a trip this summer to Port Austin, Michigan and stayed with Marty's family at their beach house.  I had some hesitation going because it is humid there and I couldn't believe that it would be such a beautiful place.  It was really important to Marty to go there and show the kids where he grew up and to stay at this place he loved as a little boy.  I have a million pictures but here are just a few of my favorites.

I absolutely loved watching the sunset every single night!

you can't go to a beach without making a sand castle right?

Everywhere there are little tiny towns with amazing buildings I could have spent days looking at all of them

Me and Deanna (Marty's cousin Brett's wife)

The magnificent, amazing and beautiful Aunt Bonnie





My smokin hot husband with a crazy tan!

Cousin Brett!

Baylie and Natalie

The crew and their stinky cat fish





Right before we left I came down with a stupid UTI.  I faithfully took the antibiotics but didn't even read the label warning against being in the sun...oops!



Marty and little Barry fishing.

Baylie and Natalie

Cam

The cute little beach house

Smokin hottness again!

smokin hottness jr.

We definitely want to try and do this every year.  We just loved it and had so much fun.  It was in the middle of nowhere really, and all you do is sit around and swim, play, eat and relax! My kind of vacation!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Such cute pictures of your trip! That looks like the perfect vacay to me too!! You are so talented Jaime - Baylie's room is so stinkin cute. She is so lucky to have such a hip mommy!!

Ricki said...

You need to keep that little smokin' hottness, jr. locked in a closet somewhere! Seriously! She is beautiful!! looks like you guys had a blast! I am so glad you got away for this kind of a vacation together! I am sure it was much needed!

Next wednesday I think would be a great lunch date?!! What do you think? Call me!